The Middle Years Program is a curriculum framework applied over 5000 schools around the world.
The IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) is designed for students aged 11 to 16. It provides a framework of learning that encourages students to become creative, critical and reflective thinkers. The MYP emphasizes intellectual challenge, encouraging students to make connections between their studies in traditional subjects and the real world. It fosters the development of skills for communication, intercultural understanding and global engagement—essential qualities for young people who are becoming global leaders.
The MYP curriculum framework comprises eight subject groups, providing a broad and balanced education for early adolescents.
The MYP requires at least 50 hours of teaching time for each subject group, in each year of the programme. In the final two years of the programme, carefully-defined subject group flexibility allows students to meet local requirements and personal learning goals.
Overview - IB Middle Years Programme
IB MYP Coordinator
B.Ed. in Technology, Physical Sciences & Mathematics
University of Alberta Canada
- IB Education Network consultant & IBCC school visit team leader
- MYP Design teacher, China
- IB CP Coordinator, MYP Design & DP Design Technology teacher, UAE
- Head of Technology Department, MYP Design & DP Design Technology teacher, China
- MYP Design teacher, Technology Integration Facilitator, Qatar
- MYP Design & Information Technology teacher, Azerbaijan
- Technology Coordinator/teacher & Middle School Science teacher, Sweden
- STEM teacher, Canada
Education is about Experiences. Students making real world connections through practical applications of knowledge and skills. They identify, analyze and solve problems for the benefit of themselves and others. The best part of this job is helping young people find what they are passionate about and guiding them on the start of their own exciting journey. We are all successful, we just need to discover our path.