The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Programme is widely recognized worldwide as a comprehensive educational programme that equips students with a solid academic foundation while adapting to international education systems and preserving the cultural essence of their home country. Let’s learn about the International Baccalaureate® Programme at SNA in this article!
In addition to the school’s facilities and teaching methods, the curriculum is considered the primary factor in shaping students’ perceptions. At the International School of North American (SNA), we believe that understanding the roots of one’s country is the foundation for becoming individuals with a comprehensive perspective, open-mindedness, and appropriate development to face the challenges of the times.
1. Global student training program
Since 2022, the SNA has been officially authorized to teach the full range of educational programmes from Primary Years Programme (PYP) to Diploma Programme (DP) for students aged 3-19:
- IB Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) for children aged 3-12 – This marks the beginning of a lifelong journey, developing caring and culturally aware children to become active participants in their own learning.
- IB Middle Years Programme (IB MYP) for ages 11-16 – Building a solid academic foundation, MYP develops students’ confidence in managing their own learning and making connections between their learning in the classroom and the real world.
- IB Diploma Programme (IB DP) for students aged 16-19 – A future-ready program that builds students’ inquiring mindset, fosters their desire to learn, and prepares them to excel in their careers and lead meaningful lives.
(Source: International education – International Baccalaureate®, Programme, https://www.ibo.org/programmes/)
With the implementation of the educational programme for all three levels, students at the SNA receive continuous exposure to international education. Moreover, students also develop and exchange ideas in the multilingual International Baccalaureate® (IB) learning community worldwide. The curriculum at our international school is taught 100% in English. Students undertake personal projects and participate in activities in a multilingual learning environment. Upon completion of the programme in grade 12, students receive an International Baccalaureate® Diploma (IBDP), a valuable diploma recognized by prestigious universities worldwide.
2. Learning about Vietnamese culture at SNA
Along with learning and receiving an international education, the International Baccalaureate® Programme also encourages students to explore and learn about the knowledge, traditional cultural values of their homeland.
Students learn some subjects in their native language until grade 9, such as Language and Literature, Vietnamese History, Vietnamese Geography, etc. Some activities are integrated into the curriculum, and significant national holidays are organized by the school to develop a sense of national pride and responsibility for preserving the good values of Vietnamese culture.
The International Schools of North America (SNA) in Nam Sai Gon, authorized to teach the International Baccalaureate® Programme from grades 1 to 12, provides students with comprehensive knowledge. From that, each student will proactively become a global citizen, always aware of the pride of the “Four-thousand-year-old country – A difficult and arduous journey” (Excerpt from “Small Spring”, Thanh Hai) to contribute to a better country and world.
For detailed information of the IB programmes at SNA, please contact the hotline: 0964 466 014 or via this link https://sna.edu.vn/register-for-consultations/