Next week, from 7th-11th October 2019, SNA have planned a variety of activities as a celebration of the importance of reading to our school community.
- Tri-lingual (Vietnamese, English, Korean) book exchange: This is our first Tri-lingual book exchange which will be organized and run by a group of grade 10 students as an MYP Service as Action project. The main purpose of this event is to raise the student’s awareness about one of the biggest global issues, saving the environment. Furthermore, this event also helps student practice caring, one of the IB learning profile traits, by sharing books with others. This event will take place Friday 11 October. To participate: for every book that you donate you will be provided a stick. On the last day of the event, for every stick you will be able to take one book from the Exchange home. The more you donate, the more books you can get.
- Buddy reading sessions: Our MYP Languages teachers (English, Vietnamese & Korean) will be holding Buddy reading sessions together with our PYP classes throughout Reading Week.
- Fictional Postcards: Students in the PYP up to Grade 7 will be using their imagination to write and ‘send’ postcards to their favourite storybook characters. When visiting the school, take a moment to share in our postcards displays.
- Book Fair: We welcome Fahasa Bookstore on 9th October. SNA welcome all to visit the book fair and browse the selections in English, Vietnamese, and Korean. All books are discounted 10% for staff, students, and parents.
- Whole school Read In: The entire SNA community will gather on the football pitch for 10 minutes of silent reading to recognize the importance of reading in our school community and to share a peaceful start to the day.