SNA-HCMC is looking for an experienced MYP Design Teacher, to commence in August 2024. Candidates should already have a minimum of at least three years of teaching the MYP/DP. Co-Curricular Activities (CCAs) are an expectation as we move forward with developing our CCA program.
Candidates should be aware that SNA-HCMC is a member of CIS, is fully accredited by WASC, and therefore places safe-guarding and child protection at the forefront of recruitment. To this end, SNA-HCMC abides by the UN Convention on the Rights of The Child.
Candidates MUST be able to provide suitable background checks as we will NOT process your application without these documents.
• Supervises the behavior of all students in the classroom, throughout school grounds, and on educational trips.
• Plans and develops an engaging, age-appropriate course of study in the classroom, adhering to educational best practices and state and school district curriculum guidelines.
• Designs and presents individual lesson plans in one or more academic subjects using a variety of teaching techniques that appeal to various learning styles and methods.
• Prepares materials for lessons, assignments, and tests; evaluates, corrects, and grades student performance.
• Discusses academic difficulties or behavioral problems with students as they arise.
• Monitors students’ progress throughout the year and evaluates preparedness for high school.
• Communicates all progress and concerns with tact and professionalism to parents and, as appropriate, other faculty, staff, and/or principal.
• Builds and maintains positive relationships with parents.
• Enforces safety and security standards for students, staff, and visitors.
• Maintains required paperwork for individual student files, attendance and incident reports, and other necessary records.
• Monitors halls, study periods, and lunchrooms with other faculty and staff.
• Participates in faculty meetings, educational conferences, in-service opportunities, workshops, and other training seminars.
• Maintains knowledge of research, developments, and best practices in middle grade education.
• Performs related tasks such as sponsoring student activities or organizations.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.