SNA-HCMC is looking for an experienced MYP/DP Math Teacher, to commence in September 2023. Candidates should already have a minimum of at least three years of teaching the MYP/DP. Co-Curricular Activities (CCAs) are an expectation as we move forward with developing our CCA program.
Candidates should be aware that SNA-HCMC is a member of CIS, is fully accredited by WASC, and therefore places safe-guarding and child protection at the forefront of recruitment. To this end, SNA-HCMC abides by the UN Convention on the Rights of The Child.
Candidates MUST be able to provide suitable background checks. Should a candidate NOT already have these, we highly recommend that you use ISS-Schroles ‘verify’ facility as we will NOT process your application without these documents.
• Supervises the behavior of all students in the classroom, throughout school grounds, and on educational trips.
• Plans and develops an engaging, age-appropriate course of study in the classroom, adhering to educational best practices and state and school district curriculum guidelines.
• Designs and presents individual lesson plans in one or more academic subjects using a variety of teaching techniques that appeal to various learning styles and methods.
• Prepares materials for lessons, assignments, and tests; evaluates, corrects, and grades student performance.
• Discusses academic difficulties or behavioral problems with students as they arise.
• Monitors students’ progress throughout the year and evaluates preparedness for high school.
• Communicates all progress and concerns with tact and professionalism to parents and, as appropriate, other faculty, staff, and/or principal.
• Builds and maintains positive relationships with parents.
• Enforces safety and security standards for students, staff, and visitors.
• Maintains required paperwork for individual student files, attendance and incident reports, and other necessary records.
• Monitors halls, study periods, and lunchrooms with other faculty and staff.
• Participates in faculty meetings, educational conferences, in-service opportunities, workshops, and other training seminars.
• Maintains knowledge of research, developments, and best practices in middle grade education.
• Performs related tasks such as sponsoring student activities or organizations.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.