Reading is the most effective gateway to human knowledge. When children read books, they not only supplement their academic knowledge but also develop their intelligence and language abilities. Let’s take a look at the great benefits of forming a reading habit for children with SNA.
Benefits of reading for children:
Instead of spending 30 minutes to an hour each day watching YouTube on their phones, TV, iPad…, let children read books – a treasure of knowledge for life and improving their thinking:
- Building a foundation for learning ability: Many studies show that students who are introduced to reading before the age of 4 have better academic achievement.
- Improved language ability: Daily reading helps children develop language skills through stories and words used by authors.
- Character formation: When reading books, children will treat others in a healthier way by recognizing good and bad behaviors of the characters in the story.
- Developing logical thinking: Children learn to relate the stories in books to situations in their world, understand abstract concepts, think logically in different situations, identify cause and effect, and learn how to evaluate events.
Inspire reading with your child at the “The Treasure Trove Of An International School” event
In today’s technology-driven world, parents play an important role in promoting their children’s passion for reading by creating a reading space with their children.
Understanding that, International Schools of North America (SNA) Saigon South Campus is organizing the “The Treasure Trove Of An International School” event to provide useful knowledge to encourage children to read – a vast treasure trove of international knowledge to prepare them for the new school year.
In particular, there will be a close sharing from Ms. Ambika Kapur – Head of the Library at the International Schools of North America (SNA) in the “Seminar: Reading Engagement – Fueling Children’s Growth” on methods to promote interactive reading activities with children. When participating in the event, parents and students will also participate in exciting activities such as:
- Learning about art and participating in creative activities with Ms. Summer Gray – Art Teacher.
- Enjoying sport activities with Mr. Ignacio Jimenez Jr. – PE Teacher.
- Being free to create your own sand paintings, plaster painting etc
- Free tea break and drinks.
And much more.
- Welcome Time: 8:30 – 11:00 | Saturday, August 5th, 2023
- Venue: SNA Nam Sai Gon Campus – Street No. 20, Him Lam Urban Area, Binh Chanh
Come and join us today to build a reading habit and love for books with your child!
Register for attentive support at the event: