The IB education aims at the development of students and schools through a learning process that takes the learner as the subject of instruction and follows the cycle of steps: inquiry, action, and reflection. Teachers facilitate and support students in the process of developing the learning approaches they need – both for academic and personal achievement.
Approaches to Teaching
- Inquiry-based: Students are encouraged to explore, seek information and ask questions on their own.
- Focus on conceptual understanding: Exploring and researching concepts will help students make sequences of events and transform information into new contexts.
- Developed in a local and global context: Students are encouraged to process new information by connecting it with their own experiences and with the world around them.
- Focus on teamwork and effective cooperation: This not only promotes collaboration among students, but also refers to the cooperative relationship between teachers and students.
- Remove learning barriers: The teaching method focuses on inclusiveness and cultural diversity, to embrace students’ identities and provide learning opportunities for them to develop and pursue their goals.
Approaches to Learning
Learning how to learn is fundamental for students within and outside of school. In general, the IB programmes assist learners in developing:
- Thinking skill
- Communication skill
- Research skills
- Self-management skills
- Social skills
Learning approaches and related sub-skills support students of all ages to become learners with the right purposes.
The IB World Schools
With over 5,000 IB schools worldwide, the IB’s global school community develops well-rounded, caring, knowledgeable and motivated students. An international school that has achieved the IB authorization proves that it offers excellence teaching quality.
The International School of North America (SNA) is proud to be 1 of the only 6th IB Continuum Schools in Vietnam. SNA was established in 2005, is a member of Nguyen Hoang Education Group. SNA offers a high-quality international program from Grade 1 to Grade 12, and always puts students at the center of its teaching activities.
For detailed information of the IB programmes at SNA, please contact the hotline: 0964 466 014 or register for consultations at https://sna.edu.vn/register-for-consultations/